Yes, I beat my deadline of Valentine’s Day…by more than a month! I’m hoping things have settled down at your house and you feel ready for another Christmas letter. Here is our year in Johnson City, TN.
First of all, SIX of us are in school:
- Lydia is working on her Master’s Degree in counseling at Lee University (while working full time as a Resident Director)
- Grace is in her junior year at King College – Elementary Education
- Ellen completed her first semester at the University of Tennessee and is already bleeding orange
- Nathan is in the 8th Grade at Liberty Bell
- Rhonda is somewhere in the midst of her Bachelor’s of Social Work with two more semesters at Northeast State
- Tom is two years away from finishing his Doctorate of Pastoral Counseling with Louisville Seminary (while working for The Journey AND fulfilling two internships in Kingsport)
THREE of us are swimming:
- Grace for Division II King College – currently the 200 Breaststroke record-holder
- Ellen for the club team at UT
- Nathan for the Barracuda Swim Club AND for Science Hill High School
SEVEN of us enjoyed a vacation in beautiful Port Carling, Ontario, Canada (you’ll have to ask Grace about the seventh person in our midst).
SIX of us helped my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.
FOUR of us wish that Michigan football had seen a better season.
SIX of us are so thankful for God’s provision in 2010, “MORE than we could ever ask or imagine.” A good friend of ours, one who has known in 2010 what it means to trust God, told us that she is “praying God gives all the Biers a 2011 full of joy and His presence.” And also for you…that His joy would be complete in you this year.
We are on Facebook and Linked-In, so please connect with us if you haven’t already.
The Bier Family