Yes! I DO know that it is 2010, but at least I’m getting this out before Valentine’s Day. I think it’s a record!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are thankful for your continued prayers for us as we minister in Johnson City, TN.
Two things I want you to know about me this year:
- Got a full time job working in a non-profit organization
- Is working toward a Masters’ Degree in Counseling at Lee University
- Was accepted into the Education Program at King College
- Attended Urbana ’09 in St. Louis, MO over Christmas – and LOVED it!
- Graduates from High School on May 29th – mark your calendar!
- Was accepted into the Honors Program at the University of Tennessee for fall 2010, but still praying about final choice
- Swims and has two Southeastern cuts for 2010…so far
- Is “dreading having ALL my parents’ weirdness directed toward me”* for five whole years starting in September of 2010 – please pray for me!
- Had my 52-year-old tune-up in 2009: heart ablation, hernia surgery and lost a tooth
- Starting my Doctorate Program in Pastoral Counseling in January 2010
- Back in college full time
- At 48, have finally decided on an Education Degree. Now to decide on primary or secondary. Cast your vote.
In all of the “planning” each of us is making in our lives, we remember – “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) Because of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, we have hope for 2010!
*Words of wisdom from Wyn Boerckel