Thought I’d share a great recipe from my long-time friend, Sue (sounded nicer than “old friend”). I believe they lasted two whole days.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups whole/plain/unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 x 15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Lightly beat the egg white; add water and vanilla – beat until it is very foamy but not stiff. Add the nuts and stir until well coated. Mix the brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon – sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake for a total of 1-1/2 hours. After the first hour, stir and bake another 15 minutes – then stir and bake a final 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Store nuts in an airtight container.