Nathan and I played frisbie golf this morning at Wing Deer Park – a first for me. We had a great time. Here we are all hot and sweaty on the 18th hole…but we only played 13. We skipped a few in the middle because we were tired. I learned a new game AND enjoyed a beautiful hike in the woods. We were only out in the sun for a couple of holes.
These are some things I’d recommend when you play:
- Wear long pants. I did not and my stupid frisbie kept curving to the left into thick bushes and thorns.
- Bring more than one bright colored frisbie each (so that you can see them when they go into the thick bushes and thorns). We each had two and lost a red one on hole 3. Tom said it wasn’t his favorite so he forgave us.
- Write your phone number on the back of your frisbies. We did NOT do this but were advised to do so by a nice man and his two children who said, “Most frisbie golfers WILL call you if they find it.”
- Be prepared for creatures along the trail. Here was one of ours which Nathan came within a foot of stepping on it. So, yes…
- Wear tennis shoes. That way when you and your son decide to skip a few holes and he says THIS is the way…and you follow him…and you end up scaling a mountain…
- Bring water bottles. We did not and after scaling a mountain I really needed a drink.
- Don’t keep score.
I highly recommend this free, fun outing. There WILL be a next time for me. I may not be able to correct my frisbie’s problem of curving to the left, but I CAN correct my other mistakes.